Meme

8 Random Things About Me - A Meme

10 Comments 26 March 2008

me-and-kurtthumbnail1.jpgShana tagged me for 8 random things about me and since Shana has become a wonderful e-friend to me, I could not possibly turn her down. Without further ado, here are 8 random things about me…….

1. I am big on enunciation and the correct use of words, to the point of being anal. It’s not like I was an English major or anything but I get so bothered when people say things like “libary” instead of library (forgetting the “r”). It drives me nuts.

2. If you didn’t already know, I am probably Starbucks biggest fan. I have actually planned trips around whether or not their was a Starbucks near enough so I can get my Chai, Latte or whatever.

3. I love to text my kids while they are at school. In fact I have done it so often that my oldest actually got his phone taken away at school.

4. I sleep with an Occlusal Guard on my teeth at night. The funny thing is, I don’t grind my teeth I clench them so hard that they are wearing down to the point of root canal. That’s what happens when you have four kids, two of which are teenagers, I am constantly clenching.

5. I get Botox regularly for the frown lines between my eyes. Yes, I am that vain. I don’t like wrinkles and signs of aging so I have opted for the quick fix of a few injections to make those lines disappear.

6. I love scary movies, really scary movies. Like Exorcist scary. I’m not much into the brainless slasher type movies. I like shows that have a good story and keep me on the edge of my seat.

7. I love severe weather. It is a huge blessing that we got transfered to the midwest 9 years ago because I have seen some of the most amazing storms. I often dream of tornadoes in which I am always trying to see them and not hide from them. I love lightning and thunder, the whole shebang! My kids think I am quite crazy while they hide in the basement during the tornado sirens.

8. I love to laugh and my husband is the funniest person I know. I am very lucky when it comes to humor because I did marry one with a fantastic wit. I like to make people laugh too but unfortunately I am not that funny. Except when I make my Facebook pets kick, punch and throw cake at each other then I think I am very funny.

Well, there are lots more weird things about me but surely it is time for me to tag some others. Mark Dykeman, Brian Wallace, and Search Buzz, tag, you’re it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

1. SearchBuzz says:

Thanks for the tag…. :)

Nice list……I was waiting to read about your magical red shoes! 😉

2. socialmediamom says:

Oh the shoes…..well I can’t tell you because of their tremendous power. Maybe some day :)

3. SearchBuzz says:

So….about the scary movies.

Have you seen ‘Devils Rejects’ and ‘House of 1000 Corpses’, directed by Rob Zombie? Not super scary, but very interesting!! (wierd)

4. Shana Albert says:

Great List, Kristen!! I’m so glad to have learned more about you. It appears that you and I have tons in common….. other than our fascination (isn’t that nicer to say than addiction or obsession) to Social Media. I love Coffee, I freakin love to laugh and I’m so freaked out by my age. I’m very fortunate to look a lot younger than my age, but that doesn’t change the fact that I am aware of how old I am…. and how I am closer to 40 than I am to 30 now!! UGH!!

Oh by the way….. as much as I love shoes (and I do LOVE shoes) you are such a pretty lady. Don’t hide behind those Red shoes. :)

Shana

5. socialmediamom says:

Mike-
    No, I have not seen either of those but I have a long weekend ahead of me so maybe I will try and rent them! :)

6. searchbuzz says:

Disclaimer: Not children friendly!

7. socialmediamom says:

Good to know. I’ll make sure they are all in bed, but then I’ll be scared.

8. To point No. 1, if you haven’t read, “Eats, Shoots and Leaves,” you should pick it up. It’d be right up your alley.

9. socialmediamom says:

Thanks Kurt! I shall check it out!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 8 Random Things About Me - A Meme | Broadcasting Brain - 28. Mar, 2008

[…] cool social media acquaintance Kristen tagged me with a meme (see the post title) so I decided to respond. I was tagged with this once before and responded. I […]