Google

Google Doesn’t Celebrate Easter

11 Comments 23 March 2008

Reading time: 1 - 2 minutes

title easter feature Google Doesnt Celebrate EasterEvery time there is a holiday, I always look forward to checking in on Google’s home page to see their creative designs. They’ve had some really clever designs, from Martin Luther King Day to St. Patrick’s Day. But for some reason Easter was skipped this year and I want to know why. This Google logo is from the year 2000 and evidently they have not had one since.

I can’t imagine that it would be for religious reasons because not everyone celebrates Christmas and they had plenty of Google Christmas logos back in December. So what is the deal? Where is Easter? I mean, even bunny ears would have been cute. What do you think happened to Easter over at Google?

pixel Google Doesnt Celebrate Easter

socialmediamom - who has written 181 posts on Social Media Mom.

Contact the author

1. Dennis Edell says:

They’re all on diets?

Great blog here, as one just getting really into social network scene, you have a new subscriber (and card dropper) :-)

2. Dennis Edell says:

I may have spoken too soon. Can you add an email option to your RSS? I hate readers, I never remember to check. I read all emails though. :)

3. I’m not surprised at all. It’s a Christian holiday after all. It’s okay to celebrate every other random weird holiday out there but anything Christian related is “bad” in their view. Google is Evil.

4. Deborah says:

I agree, Easter means alot of things to different people. Anything would have been nice. Just some acknowledgement of a holiday.

5. Amber says:

I dislike Easter, because it is a depressing holiday. Such sinners do that such holiday. Holidays depress me, and I never get what I want!

6. lori iglesias says:

Perhaps because Sergey Brin is Jewish, and Larry Page is Jewish from his Mothers side Easter was not commemorated on Google. These are the co-founders of Google, and one remains CEO . Both of these gentlemen own very large chunks of Google. I suppose it is a lot different celebrating the birth of Jesus than it is to celebrate his resurrection. Seriously Google, shouldn’t some respect be given to the millions of people who celebrate Easter. These are some of the people that helped put millions in your pockets!!!!!!!!

7. David says:

They do plenty of other stupid commemorations, why not Easter? I couldn’t care less about half the crap they celebrate, so if I have to put up with that junk, others can ignore a few religous hoildays! Maybe Google is anti-christian???

8. Shawn Lawson says:

Now I don’t know why Google didn’t put something up for easter, and neither does anyone else. One thing I do know is this, Google did it on purpose. If it was an accident, they would have stated that by now and yet, they have still said nothing at all. No comment, explaination or anything. It would not surprise me one bit if they got paid some amount of money to not do it. What ever the reason is, it is very disrespectful to everyone who celebrates easter. I mean, they put up Earth Day, MLK Day, and so many others, why not easter???? Eplain Google!! Don’t apologize cause you know your not sorry or else you would have done something, just explain!!

9. L says:

Come on people. I celebrate more religious holidays than any of you could even name, and I don’t complain when a website doesn’t celebrate them.

If they bend to the whim of every Christian, than I would also expect them to bend to the whim of the other thousands of religions out there.

10. mike says:

For Amber. Sinners or.not. Holiday’s are for giving. Not getting. Grow up.

11. carol says: