Social Media Moms

March Roundup - Top 5 Social Media Moms

22 Comments 31 March 2008

I may own the Social Media Mom domain name but certainly there are some moms that are setting the stage in social media while maintaining motherhood at the same time and I have chosen, what I consider, to be the top 5, and I have featured them in this month’s roundup.

In no particular order, here are the top 5 Social Media Moms for March 2008:

shana.thumbnail March Roundup   Top 5 Social Media Moms1. Shana Albert - aka TheNanny612 - Shana blogs about her love of social media on Social Desire, and Collective Thoughts. She also has 3 busy children that she blogs about every once in a while and sells pre-school aged curiculum on her e-commerce site. Shana is one gal that I seem to see everywhere online whether it’s Sphinn, an interview somewhere or just Stumbling she is constantly finding great things to read and write about in the social media industry. She is also a great e-friend that I hope to meet in person someday!

wendy piersall.thumbnail March Roundup   Top 5 Social Media Moms2. Wendy Piersall - aka eMom - Wendy is very passionate about helping parents achieve success. She uses her awesome social media skills to maintain her blog, raise 3 children, and teach people to become entrepreneurs while maintaining a life balance. Is this even possible? Wendy is a perfect example of the answer to that, and you only need to read her blog to realize it. She compares her blog to raising a child and calls her readers “family”. She writes about growing pains and re-branding in a way that proves her knowledge and expertise in social media.

debbie.thumbnail March Roundup   Top 5 Social Media Moms3. Debbie Weil - aka debbieweil - Debbie is a corporate and CEO blogging consultant. She is an established author and blogger. But even more rewarding than social media, Debbie says, her kids are her greatest accomplishment. Her oldest daughter is a doctor, her middle son is a lawyer and her youngest daughter is a marathon runner, chemistry researcher, and jewelry designer. She is the epitome of a stay at home mom turned career woman when the kids were out of college. She is a wonderful example to someone like me, who has been solely raising kids for the last 14 years, and is just now getting my career on.

header.thumbnail March Roundup   Top 5 Social Media Moms4. Liz Strauss - aka lizstrauss -Building relationships that last takes care. Whether it be with family or in business, Liz Straus is definitely a mom that is able to identify, connect, and form relationships using social media. Her trick? “Relationships are everyone’s business, and every business is relationships,” explains Liz. She does a great job helping others reach their future by utilizing her blog, events and through her telephone sessions. Every bit the mompreneur, Liz is a successful and outstanding social media mom that I look forward to meeting someday.

jenn.thumbnail March Roundup   Top 5 Social Media Moms5. Jennifer Osborne - aka jennosborne - Jenn is a very passionate person. She is passionate about social media and even more passionate about her 3 kids. She balances her work as a social media strategist at Search Engine People, and family, by making sure that when she is at home, her computer doesn’t come out till everyone is in bed. When her family’s needs are met Jenn will spend a couple of hours Stumbling. One thing I find extremely unique about Jenn is that she has made a conscious decision to not participate on Twitter. She does not want to take any more time away from her kids by adding one more social networking platform to her life and I commend her for her self discipline and having her priorities in order.

Moms everywhere are networking, engaging, and extremely interactive and these 5 moms have chosen to take their skills to the next level while maintaining a balance of work and family. I hope you will take some time to check out their blogs, follow them on Twitter and even Stumble some of their favorite sites.

Are you a mom participating in social media? Let me know what sites you are using to network and how you maintain the balance between work and family. I’d love to hear from you!

pixel March Roundup   Top 5 Social Media Moms

1. You like me! You really, really like me! ;)

Thanks!!

2. Hi, I’m a social media mom. I created SocialMediaButterfly.com and I also freelance blog for SearchEngineWatch.com

You can also follow me on Twitter @nlj, stumble me at nathania.stumbleupon.com or friend me on FriendFeed at http://friendfeed.com/nathania.

3. socialmediamom says:

@Wendy, yes I do like you and I look forward to getting to know you better :)

4. socialmediamom says:

@Nathania, wow! Your Social Media Butterfly blog is awesome. Thank you so much for pointing it out. I am now a subscriber!

5. Liz Strauss says:

Hi Kristen!
    Thanks for including me with such a great group! You belong in the list yourself!!

Moms work hard. We bring a set of insights that only moms can to business . . . :) Delighted to be on your radar. :)

6. Debbie Weil says:

Kristen,

I am so flattered to be included!

7. Jenn Osborne says:

Thanks for including me in this awesome post! I really enjoyed learning about the other moms. Pretty neat how 4/5 of us have 3 kids.

8. socialmediamom says:

Jenn-
    It is funny, it seems 3 is the magic number here! LOL

9. Kristen, I agree all the ladies you mention are all quality Social Media Moms, but you get my vote for being humble and giving credit to others in a field in which you excel.

10. socialmediamom says:

Anthony- That is so sweet of you to say. If I do excel, it’s only because women like these are a huge example to me that I am honored to learn from!

11. What a great roundup of cool blogs that wouldn’t otherwise be on my radar (incl. Social Media Butterfly!) … even found a few I’ll be adding to my feed reader.

12. soz says:

Cool,all the quality Social Media Moms:-)

13. Debbie Weil says:

Love the comment about 4/5 of us having 3 kids… 3 kids is too many, really, if you’re trying to do a lot of other stuff. So what does that say about us? I guess that we’re always biting off more than we can chew… but it’s more fun that way!

14. socialmediamom says:

Debbie~ 3 kids is a lot, and I have 4, it’s a wonder I can even get a post written. LOL

15. Trish says:

I hope to make the list one day myself! I’m the CEO of eMail Our Military, the original eMoM (LOL) and use social media to keep our organization on top and keep our volunteers motivated with the latest in new media to support our troops.

We use Twitter to get people involved in our support projects, Seesmic to bring service members and civilians together through video communication, Utterz to give folks the opportunity to send mobile multi-media messages to our troops, Qipit to turn digital photos into PDFs, Facebook & MySpace to share information and connect with our service members and civilian volunteers. The list goes on but you get the idea. I’m also a wife and a mother and I think that just rocks!

Supporting Our Military, One eMail at a Time

16. Jennifer says:

I am a new blogger and a mom and would be privileged to be part of this group one day. My kids are teens, though, and I actually write about using pop culture and technology to connect with teens. http://connectwithyourteens.blogspot.com/.I just found this blog and I love it. I love all forms of social media except Twitter. I still can’t get on board with that.

17. socialmediamom says:

Hi Jennifer~
    So glad you stopped by. Your blog sounds awesome and I will definitely check it out. As far as Twitter goes….well all I can say is come on it the water is great!

18. TechMama says:

Great to see a blog like this that brings up interesting discussions about moms and social media. I am trying to get more of my mom friends onto Facebook, Twitter is busy with mom bloggers and of course blogging is the best social networking tool that I know of..

19. I’m with Jennifer Osborne in the non-Twitter camp. Many of my online friends (cough *TechMama*) are Tweeters, but I already spend so much time writing and reading blogs and I recently joined LinkedIn… I’m as networked as I can handle for now.

20. What a fantastic list. :)

I had better get to work fast if I want to make your list of Top Five Social Media Lifestyle Entrepreneurs…

Kind regards, and THANK YOU for the link!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. March Roundup - Top 5 Social Media Moms | Dompo Mom - 31. Mar, 2008

[...] the rest of this great post here Author: Time: Monday, March 31st, 2008 at 8:23 am Category: Mom Comments: You can leave [...]

2. Social Media Dad, Mark Dykeman From Broadcasting Brain — Social Media Mom - 16. Apr, 2008

[...] are social media powerhouses. For that matter, all five ladies profiled in Kristen’s recent top 5 social media moms post are all awesome on multiple [...]