Yesterday we talked about your opt-in page and some things to do in order to get that all set up. Today I am going to give you 6 places that you can showcase your Lead Magnet that will give your freebie the maximum exposure it needs to entice your audience.
1. Feature Box - If you have a blog or a website you might decide to turn your header into a feature box that showcases your Lead Magnet.
This example of Amy Porterfield’s feature box shows how she promotes her free List Building Video series at the top of her website. This type of design is not as easy as it looks and you may need some help designing and setting this up if you want to do something like this on your website or blog.
2. Your About Page - Having a link, popup box or even an image that your audience can click on, on your About page is great place to promote your freebie. You can use Leadpages to create popup boxes and you can use Canva to create images with words that lead your audience to your opt-in page.
3. The Side Bar - The side bar of your website or blog is one of the best places, I think, to showcase your Lead Magnet. Here is an example from my blog.
You can see that the image, which leads to the page where this series lives, is on the right side bar of my blog underneath my social media links.
4. Speaking of Social Media….Definitely add a link to your opt-in page, with your image, to your Lead Magnet on all the social media outlets you use.
5. Lead Box - Not to be confused with a pop-up box, a lead box looks like this:
This is an example of a free template, on Canva, that is formatted to be a lead box. You can change text, colors and shapes to make your lead box say exactly what you want. A great place for a lead box that promotes your freebie is on your website and blog. Some people will even put these on every blog post. You just need to make sure that you set up the lead box image to link to your opt-page when someone clicks on it.
6. Video - The last recommendation I have to get you maximum exposure for your Lead Magnet is video. And when I say video I am going to encourage you to do a Live Video on Facebook. Similar to the opt-in page, you don’t want to give too much away in terms of the content of your Lead Magnet on the video but it is a great way to get your audience excited about the fact that you want to give them some really great stuff for free! Just make sure that along with your video there is a link to your opt-in page.
Promoting your Lead Magnet in all 6 or even a couple of the above suggestions will surely get eyes on your content and that is what building your list is all about……potential customers. But it takes time. Sometimes a long time. But there are some ways to fast track your list building and that is with Facebook Ads.
For the next two days we are going to break for the weekend and start with Facebook Ads on Monday, the 24th. There is going to be a lot of information from then on regarding Facebook Ads so get ready to be amazed at how paying to play is the name of the game when it comes to building your list and moving those subscribers into your sales funnel.
Have a great weekend!